Mission, Vision and Core Values
Preparing students to step forward with confidence and a vision of lifetime success.
All South Dakota children who are blind or visually impaired will have full access to educational resources that prepare them for life.
- Each child as an individual, deserving of uniquely designed learning opportunities focused to help them achieve their highest level of independence.
- Families, communities, and school districts as key partners in meeting the needs of each child.
- Knowledgeable and caring professionals who provide experiences for each child in the least restrictive environment.
- Innovative use of technological tools adapted for each child.
- Safety and security in a positive healthy environment.
- A commitment to the highest level of independent readiness as each child embraces adulthood with a sense of opportunity.