The Foundation is a nonprofit corporation founded in 1978 with the purpose of expanding social, recreational, and educational opportunities for students who are blind
or visually impaired.
The Foundation has an existing endowment that generates income to allow contributions to be given year after year.
Your gifts made it possible to:
- Travel for student competition with other schools for the blind
- Support for Family Weekend activities
- Purchase toys for the Outreach Vision Consultants' Loan Library
- Purchase low vision aids
- Expand recreational and social opportunities
- Meet emergency needs of individual students
- Purchase various equipment and aids for the classrooms and dorms
Monies within the Foundation are not used to fund any existing educational programs or to supplement administrative costs.